Paramore's Hayley Williams

Paramore's Hayley Williams
Aint she just the cutest

evanescence lead singer Amy Lee

Kitty (the Entire Band)

Kitty (the Entire Band)

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Some Swagger


So earlier today I was paging through the Sunday Times Newspaper and I came across a columnist that seems to have the right balance between serious/interesting subject matter and the comical spin we all know and love characteristic to media personalities. The guy’s name is Fred Khumalo and his column this Sunday was all about swagger basically, and if you don’t know what that is it’s kind of like your ability to pick up women. So I started reading and it turns out this is kind of like a guide for people with no swagger to learn some of the pickup lines that are used by what Khumalo calls “Ukushela” – basically people with swagger – I thought I would give you a few examples of these bound to work pickup lines but before I do keep in mind that these lines were traditionally used by people in poor African communities and so they may not make so much sense to a more European perspective:
1. If you saw a beautiful lady a Xhosa man might say: “oh, my mother’s daughter, you are my pleasant shady place of rest, my umbrella. – Very poetic don’t you think.

2. A Zulu man in the same situation might say: ‘ah your skin is so tender, it looks as if you wash with milk and towel off with slices of polony

Now I’m not going to lie that last one was a bit strange but man I didn’t realise African languages are so deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment